Google Sheets Data Connector¶
Follow the steps below to connect one of your Google Sheets to Apteo.
- Create your Google Sheets document, make sure that column headings are listed in the first row, and make sure that your data is structured simply, where each column represents a data series, each column with data is directly adjacent to each other, and there are no extraneous notes or straggling cells. The structure of your Google Sheets document should resemble a CSV file.
- Next, you must go to your document on Google Sheets and set its permissions to "Anyone with this link can view"
- Now, go to your workspace, click on the Data tab, then click on Google Sheets
- On the next page, enter the URL from your browser of your Google Sheets document and, optionally, enter a name
- You'll see a brief loading screen as the system connects your data
- When your data has been loaded, the admins of your workspace will receive an email and you'll be able to see it all on the resulting page
That's it, you're all set! You can now start visualizing, analyzing, and predicting your data.
Use The URL From Your Browser's Toolbar
You must use the URL from your browser's toolbar, note that this is different than the URL that Google generates for you when you make your document available to anyone with the link.
Data Types Will Be Inferred When Connecting a Google Sheet
When you connect a Google Sheet, our system will attempt to infer the type of data that is stored in your columns. Based on the values, we will coerce any data to the inferred type as long as more than 90% of the values of that column match the inferred type, and any values that are not able to be coerced to the specific data type will be discarded.