Workspaces are the central location for a team's dashboards, data, and analytics. They form the foundation of the Apteo platform. All workspaces must be created by registered user. The creator of a workspace becomes the owner of that workspace, the owner can then add additional users, assigning them different permissions based on their roles. Owners and administrators have the same permissions on a workspace.
Workspaces can be public to anyone that contains a link to the workspace, or they can be private to its members. All free workspaces are public to anyone with the link.
Workspaces can contain Dashboards, which are pages that allow you to lay out individual components
into a single page. Free workspaces are limited to the Home dashboard, while workspaces on a
Professional or Enterprise plan have an unlimited number of dashboards. You can access your
dashboards from the left side navigation bar by clicking on the
Members and Permissions¶
You can invite additional members to your worspace. Free workspaces are limited to a maximum of 3 workspaces, while workspaces on a Professional or Enterprise plan are allowed an unlimited number of members.
Every member in your workspace is assigned a role, which controls what they are allowed to do in the workspace. Workspaces allow you to assign the following roles:
- Owners: Workspaces can have one or many owners. The creator of a workspace is the first owner of a workspace. Owners have full permissions on their workspace. All workspaces must always have at least one owner. Owners can edit all content, set member permissions, invite new members, and send out messages to workspace members and subscribers.
- Admins: Administrators have full privileges on their workspace. They can edit all content, set member permissions, invite new members, and send out messages to workspace members and subscribers.
- Editors: Editors can create and edit content, such as visualizations, analyses, and predictions
- Viewers: Viewers can view content
- Subscribers: For public workspaces, non-members can subscribe to messages sent out by workspace owners and administrators
Messaging Members and Subscribers¶
Any user, logged out or logged in, can follow public workspaces. You can send a message to these subscribers, as well as to your members, by clicking on the "Message Subscribers/Members" link in the workspace menu.